Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Starting again!

 Today I began work on two new dolls for orders.  One is from the Angie Baby pattern, that looks like a real baby sizewise and the way the doll is shaped.  The other is a doll from the Alexa Rose pattern, which means she is a chubby baby with jointed arms and legs.
When I cut the dolls out, I almost never only cut one out.  It takes almost no extra time to cut out a few extra arms and legs, and many body parts only need one, so I just cut out two at the same time.  I often will do this with order dolls, so I have one for the order and one to put in my etsy store.  I don't make the two dolls look the same...just the same pattern.

I learned a neat little hint too...only took me 3 years to figure this out, sheesh...when cutting out arms and legs, instead of just having one pattern piece for arms that I use twice per doll, I have traced four "sets" of arms and legs, so that I can lay out and cut all the parts I need for 2 dolls without having to take an arm, unpin it, pin again in another place, etc...

So, the journey begins again....I wonder what the faces on these babies will look like......

Happy dolling,
Victoria



I wonder if these would work on my ballerina dolls?  Hmmmm....


Want to make money on your own craft blog?  Check out
http://www.justaddsweat.com/ezGaffurl.php?offer=ooooohbaby&pid=4


If you want to see what dolls I have for sale in my etsy store, go to
www.ooooohbabydolls.etsy.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi Victoria, just wanted to say hi. Love your blog and can't wait to see the doll (Mine is the Alexa Rose order). I know my daughter is going to love playing with her new baby all summer long and for years to come for that matter.

    ReplyDelete